Saturday 5 February 2011

Stop the Meter Rally (meeting Jack Layton!)

Today I attended the Stop the Meter Rally that took place at Yonge and Dundas Square. The protest was organized because Internet Service Providers are planning to add more to online billing costs by charging per byte. Protesters are now trying to get the CRTC to reconsider their plans.

I interviewed some of the protesters on why this cause is so important to them. Watch the video below!




I also got the chance to speak with NDP leader Jack Layton. For those of you who don't live in Canada, Jack Layton is a federal political leader, well known all around the country.

Technical glitches later, my whole interview was not recorded. I was lucky enough to encounter two men who happened to film some of it. So, thank you very much. I appreciate it a lot!!



Better than nothing right?

For more information on Stop the Meter, please visit: http://openmedia.ca/meter

No comments:

Post a Comment