Saturday 16 April 2011

My Phone is Posessed.

At the beginning of the school year, I noticed everyone had either a Blackberry or an iPhone while I was stuck with an outdated Nokia phone.

Mind you, it was still under my father's name.  This means that every time I would call, it would say Stanley Lui. As a result, car dealerships would call me to update the oil in my car (non-existent) or I would have my aunt call me a countless number of times because she would NEVER learn that my dad had a new phone (a Blackberry FYI).

At first I felt a bit poor and out of the loop.  But then, I  realized that having a smartphone would only make me succumb to the norm.  (Really Sam?! You want to stand out with your outdated cellphone?)

Whatever, I thought. I won't let a phone or any material things define who I am as a person!! I can survive without Facebook, email, or Twitter on my phone. Whatever!!  I'll get a new and better phone come Christmas time (contract expired then).

So come December, I was ready to pick my new phone.  While shopping for phone plans, I remained loyal to Fido, as my thrifty self decided that $25 a month was the way to go.  But with good phone plans came a poor selection of phones.  The best phone out there was the Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro and I honestly thought it was the answer to my quest to have a awesome phone and "BE COOL" AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT BEING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

I mean what's not to like? HD camera, Wi-Fi, personal ringtones, 5.1 megapixel camera....
Phone. Of. My. Dreams.

Or so I thought.

When I got the phone, a bunch of petty little problems came my way. First, the pocket-dialing. Because my phone is a touch-screen, I pocket-dialed my mother several times and left messages at her work phone...YES, that means she heard my conversations....SHE COULD HAVE HEARD MY SECRETS.

But thank goodness she didn't. I would have died.

And the next problem is something I call the "ghost finger". Every time I would text message someone, the screen would always pop up and ask me to add a picture, sound clip, or audio message. Of course I don't want that! I would be charged extra money!!

And then there comes the mystery texting where my phone would text my friend Aaron 20 times and call him 10 times a few seconds later.  Then there were times where I was charged unfairly by Fido because my phone would pocket dial 411...which charges with each phone call.

So guys, do you ever have these problems with your touch-screen cell phones?  Moreover, do you have a Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro? If so,would you like to help a troubled soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment