Sunday 24 April 2011

It's ONLY hair...

I was never a fan of haircuts.  I have always wanted to have long hair.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen because I'm always trimming it to get a desirable shape in order for it to grow a certain way.

In February, I got a trim.  It was nice.

Yesterday I asked for the same thing. Instead, I got three inches chopped off and my head looks like a bowl.

Please tell me how I went from this: 


 TO THIS:

 Please prepare yourself...close your eyes...

Are you sure you still want to move on???

.....
Okay, I know it's not THAT bad. BUT IT'S SO SHORT!!!  When I asked for a trim I didn't mean to cut off enough hair to make a toupee!!

Not that I'm against contributing hair to make a wig, because I've always wanted to donate my hair. But how can I do that when something like this keeps happening??!! Since when do trims become HAIR-CUTS.?!

Sigh, I guess the hairdressers I get taken to will never understand...

It is a true fact that I have always hated getting my hair cut. Ever since I was a child, I would dread going to the salon. When I got my hair cut, I would cry.

How can I blame my little self?? My mom would always ask the hair dresser to hack off half of the hair I was so diligently trying to grow!!!

I know... obsessing over my hair is a bit selfish. There are so many people in the world who have it WAY worse.  Some people have no hair at all, while others have bigger worries such as no home, no food, or even clothes to wear.  Why am I so unhappy about something so little when people have it much worse than me and are still content with their lives?

Tis' why I'm so spoiled...living in Canada...

I actually thought about going into hiding because of this new haircut, but that would make me extremely stupid and cowardly.  

It's a good thing I can still put my hair up...for the most part.

In the end, I guess it is only hair and it'll grow back and look decent within one-two weeks.

But a few mental notes for my next haircut (GOD FORBID!!)

1.  Take a picture of my hair at a desirable length/style and show it to hairdresser.
2. DO NOT LISTEN TO MY MOTHER. OR, I should not even take her into the hair dresser.
3.  ...JUST DON'T CUT IT OKAY?!?!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I happen like your new haircut! :)

    but I have to agree with you on the whole getting it WAY shorter than you want it. My sister had a bad experience like that a couple months ago and it wasn't pretty. My question to hairdressers who do that is, how the heck do they not understand when you tell them a certain length?

    Fortunately, I've never been a victim of situations like those but if I was I would definitely give them a piece of my mind! (I know, pointless but they deserve it, rigt? hehe)

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look nice with that new haircut!! :)

    And as you say; it's only hair. It will grow back again...see it like this; you might save some money on hairdresser now ;)

    ReplyDelete