Sunday 22 August 2010

I'm Going to New York!!!

This summer has been pretty sporadic.  With my sister working in London, Ontario as well as my Frosh Week getting in the way, we haven't really gotten to go on our annual family vacation. Usually, we tend to go on a Caribbean cruise.  I really don't mind that we aren't going this year because I was never a big fan of family trips in the first place (well, since grade 7). 

Don't get me wrong though because I really do appreciate the opportunities I am given. It's just that as I started to grow older, my love for family vacations have started to wane.  I don't know what it is, but I tend to get really annoyed with my family when we are in a foreign area with no one else to turn to. 

I realize I sound like a big jerk here for saying I don't like traveling with my family.  I guess it mostly depends on the area we are going to. For one thing, the Caribbean weather tends to get hot and sticky.  Perhaps the weather makes me cranky.  Or maybe it's the somewhat boring sight-seeing areas we go to at times...

But now that I'm older, I'm trying really hard to actually appreciate the different types of places I get to see. It is, after all, a learning experience.

But enough with the chitter chatter!  I'm going to New York this weekend, so I know it's going to be fun! I love traveling to big cities because of the people, the sights, the shopping, and just the atmosphere! So if anyone knows any good places around New York, let me know!!  The shopping is wonderful, and maybe this time, I can get some thrifting done!  I heard the thrift stores in this city are AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment