Tuesday 31 August 2010

Frosh Week Day 1

Frosh today was certainly quite an adventure. First of all, it was one of the hottest days to have an orientation day!  I was already sweating buckets by the time I reached Finch Station.But who can help weather right?

What really got me angry was the TTC.  I know I complain about public transit on a regular basis , but today was absolutely ridiculous!  When I reached Finch Station, there was a HUGE delay due to problems on the subway line.  After much waiting, there was FINALLY a shuttle bus to Sheppard Station.   Good thing there was this cute, little boy in front of me who kept smiling and playing with me. But good gracious, that was seriously ridiculous!

By the time I reached the university, I was already overwhelmed by the loudness, and the amount of students.  I was supposed to be put into Group 1 but I couldn't find them!  Instead, I was put into Team 16, which I don't mind at all!  Both of my leaders are in Journalism and they LOVE IT!  I'm taking this as an advantage to ask them several questions about the program.  It was also refreshing to finally meet some people because this summer has been kind of a bore...

To be honest, I don't even feel so bad about not living in residence.  There was this girl I met who didn't get in...and she lives in Vancouver!  That doesn't make any sense!  Now I understand why I didn't get in, but the fact that she had to come all the way to Toronto by a plane gives her enough of a reason to movie into rez! 

It was pretty awkward meeting new people, but I suppose that's what it's supposed to be like when you're going to a new school!  From what I have seen, it is certainly not like Catholic schools!  The people are more uncensored, are a bit weirder and do worse things.  How naive I am.

P.S.  There was a creepy old man talking to me on the subway.  He was telling me how he hated people who were cheap with money, and that he couldn't deal with it.  He said that he would cut their heads off or something...that was what his gesture was like! I don't know...but he kept talking to me and he was definitely giving me the skeevies.  I started to run away when I reached Don Mills, but he saw me.  He pumped his fist in the air, and he laughed manically.  I think I'm going to have a nightmare tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment