Thursday 12 August 2010

When Bored on a Hot Summer's Day

This summer has been pretty uneventful to say the least. Other than going to Vancouver at the beginning, which was pretty awesome, I have been living the hermit life.  Living this kind of life is relaxing at times, but it is emotionally draining.  I. AM. SO. BORED.  Most days, I am working on my part time editorial intern position for a website, going on Facebook, reading, or cooking food. On some occasions, I go out to practice my driving, as my G2 exam is on August 27th. If I'm not doing that, I'm watching Degrassi and gushing over Elijah Goldsworthy.  Which is strange, because my cousin went to school with Munro Chambers (the guy playing him)

But don't get me wrong, I do go out with friends.  It's just that most of them are working...and I am not. I feel so stupid for not taking the job I was offered because I really wanted to get an internship, which I did. However I don't even know if that's working the way I want it to be.I think I better start stepping up my game.

So today, I decided to take some photos of myself because I was bored.  And not only that, changing into ''going out clothing" is much more refreshing!  Not to mention,  I should go out and get some Vitamin C!!
Note to Self:  GET A TRIPOD.  I'm pretty bad when it comes to self-timer pictures, and the several pictures that I took came out awkward.  But in general, the whole thing was pretty awkward. I mean, a girl taking pictures of herself!  Narcissist much?

But to be honest, I am actually not a narcissist. In fact, I am quite self conscious of my appearance.  That is why I enjoy shielding myself behind sunglasses because 1. They hide my ginormous baggy eyes, and 2. They are pretty BAMF. 


However, I am quite content with the way these pictures came out after a countless amount of times.  And although I'm not very confident in my appearance, I still don't believe in using make-up.  I like to think that one day, someone will appreciate me through it all: natural looks and personality.  And besides, make-up is too much of a hassle anyways!  I like to get out of bed, look presentable, and out the door!  But in this case, I'm at home...WOE IS ME.

But on a fashion related note, I recently received some heavy bling as a graduation gift from my aunt!  It's very flashy, and I don't really know when I'll be wearing it, but I think it's pretty gorgeous. 

And there you have it. A boring day with Samantha Lui. So what kind of things should I do this summer?  Share your ideas with me =)


No comments:

Post a Comment