Tuesday 10 August 2010

To mark the upcoming new year...

For most people, the New Year comes on December 31st...and if you're Chinese, it comes around late January to February.  However, if you are a student like me, the new year is generally the upcoming school year.  It's almost like the first day makes it or breaks it for you.  This all sounds a bit dramatic yes, but recently  I have decided to get a style makeover.  I'm going into my first year of university for goodness sakes and I believe that a fresh beginning should make sense!!!!!

So...away with the old, cheap dowdy clothes and in with the new.  Just so you know, I am a caring, sharing, and loving human being and did not actually throw away my old clothes.  I donated them so someone else can enjoy them.  You know what they say, 'one man's trash, is another man's treasure!' But in this case I should say 'person' as it is more open for the other sex.  


 This is me in Grade 11 at the Raptors Game.  I think I look kind of boring. 

So I got the hair down, since I cut it in Grade 12...  But I've noticed that a lot of other people are cutting it short too. Not to mention, they're getting an undercut, where they shave half of their head.  Okay, I admit that some people look good with it, but I can't imagine what it would look like when it starts to grow out...AWKWARD...

So now there's the clothes.  I should really start a section where I show people how to shop thrifty and smart, because I'm incredibly cheap. I do not like spending a lot of money on things, so you can imagine how much bad quality clothing I used to own in my closet.  But if I want to have a better looking closet filled with beautiful clothes, I should start spending a little bit more for quality.

That being said, I recently went shopping at Pacific Mall.  Pacific Mall is a large Chinese mall in Markham, Ontario, a little bit farther than Toronto.  It is one of Ontario's biggest tourist attractions.  No surprise there, because there is not a holiday when this mall is closed!  Chinese people, they are hard-working!

  But back to my shopping adventure, I decided to go there to buy a onesie because I don't see  many nice ones in Western stores. I'm not usually one to shop at Asian malls due to the crowded-ness but if I wanted to be unique, I had to give it a try!  Shopping at Pacific Mall probably isn't for everyone.  If you don't like to be bothered by persistent shop owners, you might want to reconsider. The stores are fairly small, and sometimes the sales associates can be up in your face about convincing you to purchase items.  Sometimes, they might not let you try on clothes. Don't fret though, because a lot of the store owners are pretty nice.

Maybe, except one.

I was able to try on clothing, but man, was she ever rude!  She gave me dirty looks and when I decided to give her the rejects, she just looked at me and was expecting me to buy!  Yeah, forget that.  I know I'm not the ~ideal~ Chinese looking girl but YEEEESH, you were pretty darn rude, if I say so myself!

But luck was on my side, because I did find a onesie that looked decent, and pretty cute on me.  It was...32 dollars, but my mother kept telling me it was worth the price as not a lot of people would own something like what I found.  And so, I handed over my money, and now I love it!  Plus, the saleslady was soooo much nicer! She complimented me, and said that since I was tall, I would get compliments too!  You see, I don't get many comments like that FROM ANYONE. So seeing that not everyone is be a rude biatch at Pacific Mall, I decided that I should make more trips there soon! 

By the way, I'm not very photogenic, so this picture is quite unflattering. With a few accessories and a cute jacket of some sort, maybe...my leather jacket...THIS OUTFIT WOULD BE CUTE and pretty BAD ASS ;)

1 comment:

  1. cuuuute onesie :D

    i hear ya! i feel kind of intimidated shopping for anything at pacific mall :( but i went there two days ago and got a good deal on a screen protector and a blackberry case. the people in the store were really nice too :)

    ReplyDelete