Tuesday 24 May 2011

But what is this really all about?

I often wonder how people can gain so many followers so quickly on their blogs.

This isn't particularly important to me, but I have realized that posting frequently (and more than just once or twice a week) is the way to go.

Personally, I have a problem with this.  My blog lacks a purpose/category.  

People tend to have a set focus as to what their blogs entail. The majority that I read deal with fashion, photography, and are often very-light hearted and fluffy in terms of what went on during their day.

This isn't particularly a bad thing...but sometimes, I wish people could go beyond and share something else worth reading.  I browse a lot of blogs during my spare time, but only leave comments on those that peak my interest.  To say the least, I guess you could say that blog posts with just a picture of yourself in a cute outfit and where you got your clothes from really doesn't mean anything.  It's fine to have a fashion blog, but wouldn't it at least make the reader more interested if you wrote what inspired your outfit, or the story of how you made it??...OR SOMETHING ELSE MEANINGFUL?

Because otherwise, the comments and reception you're going to receive will probably go along the lines of..."Great photos!", "You look gorgeous!", "I love your outfit", etc.

While it is nice to receive such praise from your internet supporters, wouldn't it be nice to actually get a few comments that actually show that people read your blog? 

Eh, but maybe that's me.

I've had this blog for almost a year now and I have about 16 known followers (or so they say...) who read what I have to say.  That is not a lot compared to someone like Tavi, who gained over a hundred followers in a year. But she's a child genius, so what can I say?

I guess the reason why I lack followers is the fact that I don't have a set focus on this blog.  And, I'm fine with that. This blog is about whatever I want it to be and I'm happy it ranges from journalism, quirky tidbits, experiences, rants and opinions. I like things sporadic...because personally, those are my favourite types of blogs.

But to say the least, I don't think there are many blogs like this one. Well, maybe there are, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right places.  But whenever I find a blog that is somewhat representative to mine (personal, full of tidbits, etc), I feel like I'm intruding into someone's privacy. 

So people, I have a question.

  Does anyone actually read what I have to say?  And why do you like (or hate) it? 
And for a picture's sake...here is a llama worm.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog because you left me a lovely comment and I try and take a look at everybody who has taken the time to write something on my posts.

    I think there are a lot of people who offer a bit more than fashion and photography, it's just a case of finding it and it depends what people have set out to do. Blogs focused on "What I Wore" are great, but I like to see a bit of the person too, and being super nosey I love blogs like yours which are about people.

    If you haven't go check out Ayden at Little Blog of Horrors http://mydollface.blogspot.com/- she's beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete