Thursday 26 May 2011

Living Life in the City.

After months complaining about waking up early, inconvenient TTC buses and long rides dry-humping complete strangers on the subway, my parents decided it was finally time to invest in an apartment downtown.

Needless to say, getting an apartment for school has a lot of benefits for me.

Yes, a pricey investment, but perhaps worth it in the end as the opportunities are endless. We live around Yonge and Bloor-just steps away from the luxurious Yorkville area where designer clothes and accessories, celebrities and fancy cars are not uncommon.

Not that I can afford anything from Yorkville, living in the area has proved to be not only convenient for all of us, but also quite an adventure. And with that, I cannot thank my parents enough.  I am truly blessed.

While I love outdoor adventures like climbing, biking and jogging, I am a city girl at heart.  I love the rush Toronto brings and all the good things it has to offer.

But that is not to say that I can't imagine myself not living in the suburbs.  Growing up in a suburban Scarborough neighbourhood, that's all I really knew. While downtown is a great area to live, I still can't imagine myself not being part of a suburb with a nice house, backyard, park, car, friends and family nearby.

Though at the end of the day, journalism and the city do make a great match.

But that is the future.  And the future is quite a long time from now.

For now, I should just live for the moment.

1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky to have parents like that! Living in the downtown area sounds so exciting! xooxxoo

    ReplyDelete