Sunday 12 September 2010

TIFF and then some

I attended the Toronto International Film Festival yesterday and boy, was it exhausting.  Though as tired as I am, lining up for 6 hours just to get a hold onto some rush tickets was well worth it.  You may think I'm crazy for doing this, but if you love movies and seeing famous people, the experience never gets boring!  I was lucky enough to have a ledge to sit on, and while waiting in line, we met some very nice and interesting people!  I have found a contact to buy English Textbooks from, AND I also got to take pictures of movie stars...and Canadian Rapper K-0s!!!

It's the HOT Andrew Garfield (he's the new Spiderman FYI), and Carey Mulligan! Carey is wearing a modified Christopher Kane Dress that looks very intergalactic and space-like. Love the print, unsure about the design.

Toronto's Kier Gilchrist (starring in It's Kind of a Funny Story) looking very sharp, on the red carpet.  I thought he was much taller!

Here is the cast of It's Kind of a Funny Story.  Directors Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden, Kier Gilchrist who plays Craig, Zach Galifianakis as  Bobby and Emma Roberts as Noelle.


It's Kind of a Funny Story was a great, coming of age film.  It is serious, but still offers the humour and talents of the cast such as Zach Galifianakis, and Gilchrist to name a couple.  As well, the soundtrack is filled with Canadian indie band Broken Social Scene! Best part of the movie?  An 80s inspired music video using the song Under Pressure by Queen.  The downfall?  Watching at the very front to see distorted faces up on the movie screen. But who cares!  I saw the movie stars up close!!!

And to prove that waiting in line wasn't so boring, I met K-Os!!! 
P.S.  I LOOK LAME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment